Thursday, December 23, 2010

doing it all is not easy...

So to start this off I am not talking about me doing it all personally but am referring to how difficult it is to manage everything as a band on our own... This is why bands get management. It would be so nice one day to not have to worry about where we were playing, if we need to bring equipment, if we have merchandise, if we can find someone to run the board, if we have a place to stay, if we have a ride, how much money is this going to cost us, etc. This is one of the main reasons bands fight. There's is a ton of stress involved when your coming up. You don't have the luxury of just playing there is sooooo much more involved behind the scenes and when you're not making the big bucks it's all up to you to get it done. Without guidance from someone with industry experience you take your best guess, self promote, try and be creative and see what happens . As an artist it is completly draining to deal with all the business side of the operation because it leaves you no time to focus on what really matters...the music and the creative process. You get so involved in the business side of things that making music loses it's romance; it just seems like another task. Just yesterday I spent at least 4 hours trying to come up with designs for t-shirts. I'm not a graphic designer and art is not my forte. But as an upcoming band you make it work, you figure it out. I just wish I could afford someone who knew what they were doing in designing and in other aspects so I could work on what I know how to do; which is to write music. Maybe one day huh? It's nice to dream... :)

No comments: